Director of Revenue Cycle Mgmt, South Bend, IN
Reports to the Director, Finance (BMG). Develops, recommends, and administers departmental policies and procedures, and through subordinate supervisory personnel, directs the efficient operation of Beacon Medical Group’s (BMG) revenue cycle. Organizes, plans, and directs the work of associates in central billing, accounts receivables, contract management, denial management, customer service, and cash application. Develops and implements educational programs for BMG clinic staff on policies related to registration, billing, denial management, collections, coding and compliance.
MISSION & VISION
Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
Education and Experience
- The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree program in accounting, finance, business administration or related field;. Five to seven years of progressively more responsible related experience, including three years of experience supervising and managing a major component of a Medical Group’s accounts receivables, is required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Requires an advanced level of knowledge of third party reimbursement policies and procedures as they relate to the patient accounting system.
- Requires an individual who is a self-starter and possesses excellent follow-through skills.
- Demonstrates the administrative and managerial skills necessary to direct a number of organizational components and subordinate personnel and to achieve and maintain a highly motivated cohesive work group.
- Demonstrates the analytical skills necessary to develop, evaluate, approve or recommend changes in policies, procedures, and staffing levels that affect BMG’s Revenue Cycle.
- Demonstrates the interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) necessary to interact effectively and communicate in a highly effective manner, with board members, physicians, senior management staff, clinic billing personnel, staff members, a variety of individuals outside the BMG, and a diverse clientele.
- Works in an office environment.
- Requires the physical ability and stamina to perform the essential functions of the position.