CEO Telehealth, Phoenix, AZ
About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is a comprehensive, award-winning, nonprofit health system with facilities in seven western states. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices, and much more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. The many locations, career opportunities and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position has overall accountability for producing desired results and providing thought leadership and subject matter expertise associated with all telehealth services throughout Banners entire continuum of care. This position is responsible for producing desired results associated with service excellence, quality clinical outcomes, and financial integrity for telehealth services. This position serves as the primary advisor to the organizations senior leadership team on matters related to telehealth services. This leader will develop an integrated approach in driving market share maintenance/expansion, oversee financial integrity of operations, coordinate efficient utilization of resources, provide prudent acquisition of technology, and develop short and long-term plans for carrying out the goals and objectives of telehealth services as developed by senior leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Leads the design, development, and implementation of all telehealth services.
- Promotes high performance expectations for the telehealth services team. Directs and ensures the effective identification, recruitment, development, and maintenance of talent for current and future organizational/facility needs in order to achieve goals and objectives. Sets clear expectations and holds team members accountable for producing desired outcomes. Motivates and develops team members and promotes teamwork.
- Directs and oversees financial stewardship with an emphasis on providing efficient utilization of resources and making appropriate decisions pertinent to capital and technology acquisition.
- Maintains a service excellence and healing culture with high expectations established for positive patient experiences. This culture should create an environment that results in high employee retention and high employee satisfaction. This service excellence culture includes ongoing and meaningful communication with employees to ensure that all staff members are well informed and recognized appropriately.
- Develops and maintains positive relations with physicians, employees, patients, families, regulatory agencies, contractors, and other applicable parties, ensuring and fostering a high level of collaboration within a highly matrixed team environment in order to coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Promotes collaboration among various stakeholders to achieve optimal results.
- Provides leadership and actively participates in the development and implementation of strategic, tactical, program and operational planning. Utilizes forecasting and planning processes to identify capital and technology acquisitions and program development opportunities which achieve desired growth related to capacity and capability of services offered, ensuring the delivery of services that are responsive to the needs of the community.
Requires a Masters degree level of knowledge in management, preferably healthcare administration, coupled with five or more years of increasingly responsible administrative leadership experience in an integrated healthcare environment.
Proven track record of partnering with physicians to achieve desired organizational outcomes. Proven experience in leading fiscally sound, profitable, efficient, and responsible healthcare operations. Strong financial and business acumen, including a keen understanding of operational and financial measures that define success, as well as budgeting and forecasting methodologies, including working knowledge of capital planning and capital investment practices. Knowledge of emerging trends in quality and patient safety. Skilled in coaching and developing direct reports and/or other employees that results in enhanced performance outcomes; setting and pursuing aggressive priorities and goals that demonstrate a strong commitment to overall organizational success; effectively allocating resources in order to accomplish goals and objectives; quickly assessing and assimilating facility and industry financial dynamics in order to act quickly and appropriately to changing environmental factors; negotiating win-win scenarios with outside vendors/partners while representing the facility and organization in the best possible light; developing collaborative and positive relationships with medical staff, employees, volunteers, the community, and/or other applicable parties; measuring and managing work outputs. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive; motivational; able to make rational decisions in difficult situations; inspirational; honorable; confident; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; community visibility and leadership; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to patients, families, employees and physicians.
Telehealth leadership experience strongly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.