Director Critical Care and Respiratory Therapy Services, Madera, CA
Director Critical Care and Respiratory Therapy Services
Job Requisition 2770
Department Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Schedule Full Time
Shift Day Shift
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
CA Registered Nurse License
Current CA Driver's License
Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS)
5+ years of experience
Madera Community Hospital is a 106-bed non-profit, private General Acute Care Hospital. MCH is a healthcare leader dedicated to quality care with compassion, and superior outcomes for the patient. Nursing positions available, HFAP accredited, Health grades 5 star and Service of Excellence Awards hospital in the heart of California. The Hospital serves community patients from Madera County, Northern Fresno County and Southern Merced County.
- Performs the primary functions of a multi-department leader in overall planning, organizing, directing, staffing and leading the Critical Care Unit and Respiratory Therapy Department on a 24 hour basis.
- Responsible for coordinating, implementing and supervising the delivery of all inpatient care services by Critical Care Unit and Respiratory Therapy staff members and any outpatient respiratory care services.
- Responsible for implementing care in accordance with defined standards of practice, meeting accreditation and licensing requirements, developing and implementing policies and procedures, managing equipment/supplies, budget development and implementation and promoting teamwork with physicians and personnel of other hospital departments.
- Develops and implements performance improvement activities based upon national patient safety goals and evidenced based practices for critical care unit and respiratory care services.
- Develops and coordinates continuing education programs to insure the safe and effective administration of services using today's technology.
- Works collaboratively with the departments' Medical Directors to insure the delivery of quality and safe care and services.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field required.
- Prefer Master Degree in Nursing or related field.
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience in Critical Care Nursing with a minimum of 3 years of hospital supervisory experience. Possess clinical skills necessary to supervise and deliver services to patients in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of Respiratory Therapy Patient Care requirements.
- Must demonstrate strong healthcare management, leadership and communication skills along with necessary clinical knowledge and skills appropriate to the departments supervised.
- Demonstrates positive customer services skills, collegiality among peers, administration and medical staff members.
- Demonstrates technical skills to manage and supervise quality control of blood gas analyzers and other equipment.
- Demonstrates hospital emergency preparedness training and experience with Critical Care, Respiratory Therapy emergency operations including oxygen and compressed air disruption.
- Recent experience meeting applicable hospital state and federal licensing and certification regulations including California Title 22, Clinical Lab Improvement Act (CLIA) and deemed status Accreditation Organizations (HFAP or JCAHO)
- Current State of California Board of Registered Nurse License.
- National Certification in Critical Care Services required.
- Current American Heart Association BCLS, ACLS AND PALS certification.
- Current CA DMV License and a clean DMV record.
- Current minimum California Auto insurance.