Project Manager I, Fairfield, CA
Project Manager I
To effectively communicate and implement project management methodologies required to drive the planning, implementation, and tracking of projects through all aspects of the project lifecycle. Project Managers are responsible for the planning, procurement and execution of a project. Projects are time bound with a distinct start and end point. Ensure accuracy, consistency, and thoroughness of projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages projects, with low to medium complexity, involving both interdepartmental and external stakeholders.
- Oversees the tracking of tasks, timelines, and resources necessary to meet department objectives and keep projects within cost, scope, schedule, and resource requirements.
- Identifies and manages project deliverables, project dependencies, project communication, and critical path identification for all assigned projects.
- Identifies and manages project risk and issues on individual projects.
- Ensures successful projects by providing assistance to project leadership to define and periodically review project success criteria.
- Conducts key performance and improvement initiatives within and outside of PHC. Responsible for distributing actionable and accurate reports to assure continuous monitoring of department activities.
- Conducts professional and timely communication with PHC providers, hospitals, and other community partners and stakeholders; Modes of communication used includes in-person, phone, video, and written.
- Estimates project resource needs and assists project leadership to develop allocation, resource balancing, constraint analysis, and execution plans.
- Develops business cases for identified ideas or projects and presents to stakeholders.
- Utilizes online collaboration and project management software, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM HIRING CRITERIA
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, or related field and at least one (1) year of relevant project management experience required. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience to include a minimum of two (2) year project management experience will be considered.
Special Skills, Licenses and Certifications
Critical thinking, strong organization skills with ability to prioritize assignments and manage time effectively. Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, to interpret and articulate project requirements to involved stakeholders. Excellent attention to detail. Working knowledge of project management methodologies and tools. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred. Valid California driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance compliant with PHC policy are required to operate a vehicle and travel for company business.
Performance Based Competencies
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain courtesy and composure when dealing with internal and external customers. Ability to function effectively with frequent interruptions and direction from multiple team members.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
More than 50% of work time is spent using a desktop computer. When necessary, the ability to lift, carry, or move manuals and reports, weighing up to 25 lbs.
All HealthPlan employees are expected to:
- Provide the highest possible level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the HealthPlan’s policies and procedures, as they may from time to time be updated.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive or definitive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or work environment change.
Fairfield, California, United States
Additional Preferred Skills