Manager - Hospice Home Care, Kirkland, WA
Manager - Hospice Home Care
Job Title Manager - Hospice Home Care
Department Hospice Home Care
Date posted 12/07/2017
Salary Offers Competitive Wage & Generous Benefit Package
Assumes 24-hour accountability and responsibility for Home Health or Hospice/Palliative Care services and designated team(s) or unit. Responsible for overall quality of service and for planning, developing, organizing, integrating, and overseeing programs, staff, and budget in support of the organizational goals and commitments.
Essential Job Functions:
- We are the stewards of our culture. How we embrace and live our values and these principles cultivates our culture. We are accountable for exceptional outcomes and for constant improvement.
- We are committed to continuous, incremental improvement to eliminate waste, inefficiency, ineffective communication, and variations in our processes.
- We are "teachers and coaches" supporting the professional growth of our staff, to help our teams achieve their highest potential. We are committed to learning and growing as leaders in the application of these principles.
- We are consistently responsive to those we serve. We listen and communicate effectively, always seeking first to understand and then to be understood. We are inclusive and transparent in our decision making and communications.
- We role model healthy and rewarding personal lives that are balanced with the demands or our work. We find opportunities every day to genuinely recognize and celebrate the excellent work of our staff, physicians and volunteers.
- Responsibility for service line(s) to include, but not limited to, Medical and Psychiatric nursing, rehabilitative and social work services.
- Ensures that operations follow established policies and procedures and comply with all applicable standards and regulations to include, but not limited to: licensure, Medicare Conditions of Participation, JC, OSHA regulations and accepted standards of practice. Ensures, promotes, and assesses compliance with regulatory agency standards and acts as resource to staff to answer regulation based questions.
- Facilitates patient care and operations including organization and management within established policies, procedures, standards of care, budgetary parameters and strategic objectives.
- Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
- Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must utilize one or more McKesson Horizon Homecare systems.
- Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care. Must complete a written Cerner application(s) competency assessment with a minimum passing score of 80% or greater, dependent on the employee's job and department.
- Must have accountability for professional nursing practice, commitment to patient care, and commitment to uphold Patient's Rights, Federal, State of Washington Department of Health, and JC regulations and requirements.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Current license in a health related field to practice in the State of Washington, as applicable
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- An understanding of financial management, budgeting skills, and a commitment to the provision of cost-effective care
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and JC regulations and requirements
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement, and leadership process knowledge and skills
- Effective customer relationship skills, interest and willingness to create and maintain relationships with key customers, particularly physicians and payers
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clinical/education knowledge to staff, patients, and families
- Demonstrate or acquire skills to complete clinical skills/competency assessment checklist
- Verbal and written language skills, visual and aural skills in order to communicate and ensure and deliver safe patient care, and to provide a legal record of this care Current Washington State Driver's license and proof of insurability
DESIRED for the position:
- (BSN) Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- 2 years of Home Health and/ or Hospice experience
- Supervisory experience